.. tip of the day .. a continuing weekly or more frequent tip on developing, integrating, accessing and using geographic, demographic, economic and statistical data. Join in .. tip of the day posts are added to the Data Analytics Blog on an irregular basis, normally weekly. Follow the blog to receive updates as they occur.
… February 2017 updates .. 5 ways to access/analyze the most recent estimates of median housing value and other subject matter by ZIP Code area .. updates on accessing/downloading/using American Community Survey (ACS1115) 5-year estimates. See more detail in related Web section.
Site analysis (Option 5 below)
– create site analysis profiles from a location/ZIP code.
Five data access and use options, listed in the links below, are reviewed. Each method illustrates how ZIP code demographic-economic data can be accessed/ analyzed/used in different contexts. The most basic data access/data download is illustrated in Option 3. The following links open new windows that take you to the related section with more detail.
• Option 1 – View the data as a thematic pattern map.
• Option 2 – View, compare, rank query data in interactive tables.
• Option 3 – Access data using API Tools; create datasets.
.. Option 3a – Extended ZIP Code subject matter access.
.. Option 3b – ZIP code urban/rural data access.
.. Option 3c – Additional API ACS data access resources.
• Option 4 – View $MHI in structured profile in context of related data.
• Option 5 – Site analysis – view circular area profile from a location.
Related ZIP Code Data Access & Use sections
• Interactive access to demographics based on an address
• Summary of ZIP Code Data Resources & Tools
• 10 Reasons to use Census Tracts Versus ZIP Codes
• Analyzing Census Tract Demographics by ZIP Code Area
• ZIP Code to Census Tract Equivalence Table
• ZIP Code Urban/Rural Geography & Demographics
• Mapping ZIP Code Demograhics
• Housing Price Index by 5-digit ZIP Code – time series; annual updates
• Housing Price Index by 3-digit ZIP Code – time series; quarterly updates
• ZIP Code Business Establishment, Employment & Earnings by industry
• ZIP Code Retail Trade Establishment & Sales by industry
• ZIP Code Equivalence Tables — ZIP Code to School District
Join me in a Data Analytics Lab session to discuss more details about accessing and using wide-ranging demographic-economic data and data analytics. Learn more about using these data for areas and applications of interest.
About the Author
— Warren Glimpse is former senior Census Bureau statistician responsible for innovative data access and use operations. He is also the former associate director of the U.S. Office of Federal Statistical Policy and Standards for data access and use. He has more than 20 years of experience in the private sector developing data resources and tools for integration and analysis of geographic, demographic, economic and business data. Contact Warren. Join Warren on LinkedIn.