.. updates on tools, data resources and methods to analyze congressional districts and state legislative districts. Join the Congressional District/State Legislative District Group to receive updates. See details.
Visual Analysis of 115th CDs & 2016 Cycle SLDs
Topeka, KS metro and Kansas State House Districts
Topeka, KS metro: bold brown semi-transparent boundary
115th Congressional Districts: bold orange boundary.
State house districts: black boundary; yellow label showing code.
Topeka city: green fill pattern (entirely with in 115th CD KS02)
See related Web section with more detail.
New ACS 2016 1-Year Demographic-Economic Estimates
– American Community Survey 2016 (ACS2016) data for each 115th CD
– Released 9/14/17
… upcoming … interactive tables using these data
… similar to ACS2015 interactive tables
New 115th CD & 2016 SLD Shapefiles
– New 2017 TIGER/Line shapefiles to be released in September
– See about related 2016 vintage data
– These shapefiles may be used with most any GIS software
… map the most current CDs/SLDs in context with other geography
New 115th CD & 2016 SLD Equivalence File
– Flat files with a record for each intersecting SLD and CD
– Developed by ProximityOne; available October 2017
– Functionally similar to relating ZIP codes to census tracts
New Census 2010 Summary File 1 Data for 115th CDs & 2016 SLDs
– Updated Census 2010 Summary File 1 data
– Provides Census 2010 demographic data for 115th Congressional Districts
– Expected October 2017
Related sections & Resources
– 115th Congressional Districts interactive table with incumbent details
– Making Custom 115th CD maps and geospatial analysis
– Congressional Districts main page — http://proximityone.com/cd115.htm
CD & SLD Data Analytics
Join me in a Data Analytics Lab session to discuss more details about accessing and using wide-ranging demographic-economic data and data analytics. Learn more about using these data for areas and applications of interest.
About the Author
— Warren Glimpse is former senior Census Bureau statistician responsible for innovative data access and use operations. He is also the former associate director of the U.S. Office of Federal Statistical Policy and Standards for data access and use. He has more than 20 years of experience in the private sector developing data resources and tools for integration and analysis of geographic, demographic, economic and business data. Contact Warren. Join Warren on LinkedIn.